COVID-19 Store Safety Protocols
Updated: April 29, 2021.
Howe Sound Pharmacy is committed to the health and well-being of everyone in our community, and to doing our part to help limit the spread of COVID-19.
We have implemented health and safety solutions to help maintain social distancing for the protection of our valued patients, our staff, their families and our community.
We have installed plexiglass at our front counter and at each pharmacist station, including between each pharmacist. We have placed hand sanitizer stations at the entrance, front counter, each pharmacist station, and in each conference room.
All high frequency touch surfaces including counter tops, door handles and our waiting room get sanitised throughout the day.
Please sanitize your hands upon entry, and follow the arrows around to the pharmacist station and front counter. Exit the other door as indicated. Please maintain 2m distance as much as possible from other occupants in our premises.
We are limiting the number of patrons in the store at any one time (see posted notice at entry door).
Please respect the spacing in our waiting room. We have provided some chairs side-by-side in case you require an attendant to assist.
we ask you to kindly wear a mask and use the hand sanitizer provided at the door.
If you don’t have a mask we’ll be happy to provide you with one for $1.00.
Safe Drug Return for Destruction | Updated Policy
When you arrive at the pharmacy:
How to prepare your medication:
Please call ahead so we may serve everyone safely and efficiently. Note that due to increased demand for medication and on-going vaccinations, wait times are longer than they were prior to COVID.
- Call us first to place a new order or refill prescriptions and over-the counter requests 1 to 2 days ahead please. If you have an urgent prescription – let us know.
- Have your doctor fax or phone in new prescriptions, and call us first before coming in to pick up.
- We have returned to regular supply of medications, though may need to limit fills due to shortages.
- We always have a pharmacist available by phone, or in person, to answer any questions you may have during our regular store hours.
We encourage pre-payment by credit card when you order, however you also are welcome to pay at the front counter, or purchase online via our secure online store.
Getting your prescriptions & over the counter order
While the pharmacy is now open to walk-ins, we offer a variety of ways to retrieve or receive your orders safely, even if you currently isolating or can not leave your vehicle.
- Feel free to take advantage of our free delivery service.
- We can also deliver to your car. Park in front of the pharmacy, call and we will bring your prescriptions and over-the-counter items out to you – please have ID ready.
- Pick up at the front counter. Please follow the arrows and maintain social distance as we attend to you and all other patients in the store.
Thank you for your assistance in helping to reduce the spread of Covid-19.We are grateful for your continued support in keeping you, our staff and our community safe. We wish the best of health to all of our neighbours and friends!