COVID-19 Store Safety Protocols
Updated: April 27, 2023.
Howe Sound Pharmacy is committed to the health and well-being of everyone in our community. While the COVID-19 pandemic is mostly behind us, we also understand that COVID and new emerging infections are still with us. Some of the measures that were implemented during the pandemic have been maintained as they help to protect the more vulnerable members of our community.
We have implemented health and safety solutions to help maintain social distancing for the protection of our valued patients, our staff, their families and our community.
We have installed plexiglass at our front counter and at each pharmacist station, including between each pharmacist. We have placed hand sanitizer stations at the entrance, front counter, each pharmacist station, and in each conference room.
All high frequency touch surfaces including counter tops, door handles and our waiting room get sanitised throughout the day.
We are no longer limiting the number of patrons in the store at any one time and social distancing is no longer a strict policy however it’s safe to say that, after 3 years of giving extra space when standing in line, everyone appreciates having extra room while waiting for service.
Please respect the spacing in our waiting room. We have provided some chairs side-by-side in case you require an attendant to assist.
As always, be kind, be patient, be courteous; any physical or verbal abuse will not be tolerated and will be dealt with appropriately.
asks are entirely optional though we still appreciate their use if you are sick.
If you don’t have a mask and would like to wear one, we provide them for free at the front door.
Hand sanitizer is also provided at the door.
Safe Drug Return for Destruction | Updated Policy
When you arrive at the pharmacy:
How to prepare your medication:
Please call ahead so we may serve everyone safely and efficiently. Note that due to increased demand for medication and on-going supply chain issues, wait times are longer than they were prior to COVID.
- Call us first to place a new order or refill prescriptions and over-the counter requests 1 to 2 days ahead please. If you have an urgent prescription – let us know.
- Have your doctor fax or phone in new prescriptions, and call us first before coming in to pick up.
- We have returned to regular supply of medications, though may need to limit fills due to shortages.
- We always have a pharmacist available by phone, or in person, to answer any questions you may have during our regular store hours.
We encourage pre-payment by credit card when you order, however you also are welcome to pay at the front counter, or purchase online via our secure online store.
Getting your prescriptions & over the counter order
The pharmacy is now open to walk-ins. Additionally, we offer a variety of ways to retrieve or receive your orders safely, even if you currently isolating or can not leave your vehicle.
- Feel free to take advantage of our free delivery service.
- We can also walk medication to your car. Park in front of the pharmacy, call and we will bring your prescriptions and over-the-counter items out to you – please have ID ready.
- Pick up at the front counter. Please follow the arrows and maintain social distance as we tend to you and all other patients in the store.
Thank you for your assistance in helping to reduce the spread of Covid-19.We are grateful for your continued support in keeping you, our staff and our community safe. We wish the best of health to all of our neighbours and friends!